10 Book Confessions: Angela Carling

Sunday 26 January 2014 13:53 by Avery Olive

Happy Monday! Welcome to another edition of 10 Confessions, I'll let Angela take over!

Before I bare my soul and all its quirks, I want to thank Avery for having me on her blog today.  She supports so many authors and I know we all appreciate it!

So here they are in no particular order, Ten Confessions, some of which might actually embarrass me if you could see my faceJ

1. I absolutely hate the feel of raw wood and therefore can’t stand to eat popsicles. The sensation is like nails on a chalkboard for me.  I know, weird, huh?

2. I’m the only person I know with a cat-a-torium (an enclosed outdoor area for kitties.)  After one of our cats got out and was eaten by the coyotes that roam the desert behind my house, my husband he surprised me with a cat-a-torium. We’ve had no escapees since.

3. I am a shameless nap taker which works out well because I am a die-hard night owl, especially when I’m working on a bookJ

4. Even though with practice I’m getting better but I still hate killing my characters. I spend so much time with them that when I kill them I feel this weird sense of remorse. 

5. I’m a remodeling junkie. My seventeen year old son makes fun of me because my husband and I love HGTV.  With both a house and small cabin, it seems we are always remodeling something.  Geeky, I know.

6. I’ve been known to get caught singing in public bathrooms…often loudly!  The acoustics are so good, it’s just too tempting.  Plus, I spent most of my young life in choirs so singing makes me happy!  Sorry to everyone who walks in on me.

7.  I still don’t get the Twilight phenomenon.  My hat is off to Mrs. Meyers and I’m happy for her success, but to be totally honest I read all the books and I just don’t get it. 

 8.  I see life differently because I was raised by my father.  For years, I thought stereo wires on the wall were home decor and hamburger helper was a top notch meal.  Turns out Moms are pretty important and home décor is also about art and not just function.  Still, I have to say thanks dad. You did great!

9. When it comes to leading men, I’m a sucker for the boy next door.  I love his down-to-earth, genuine, gorgeousness.  For me, nice guys do finish last!

10. Even after three books I still get giddy when I get a five star review!  The longer I am part of the publishing industry, the more I realized what a miracle it is that I get to write books alongside so many talented people. I never take that for granted and when out of millions of books, someone loves mine…I get giddy with excitement.

 
Thank so much for stopping by and confessing! Now, let's check out Becoming Bryn, which I happen to know is a pretty awesome book!

For months, Jesse has been envious of her twin sister Bryn and even has a crush on Bryn’s gorgeous, popular boyfriend, Quinton.

When Jesse awakens from a coma to learn that everyone thinks she IS Brin, the option of actually taking over her sister’s life is beyond tempting, but there’s a downside. She’d have to give up her relationship with Ethan, her best friend and the only person she trusts.

Could she actually live s Brin for the rest of her life? And if her family and friends found out, would they ever forgive her?


To learn more about Angela, and her other novels, Unbreakable Love and Shackled, click the links below!

Website     Blog     Twitter

 I'm always looking for more confessions, so if you'd like to have your turn, please email me!

 

1 Response to "10 Book Confessions: Angela Carling "

  1. Melinda Metz Says:

    Oh, man. I have that popsicle stick thing too!